For those who wish to import pets into Thailand, but not travelling with them, will need to obtain an “Import Permit” before their departure by submitting an e-mail request with subject “Request an Import Permit” to email: [email protected] along with the following documents:
1) A copy of shipper’s passport (the person who will ship/export pets). Please make a note on this document stating that “This is the shipper.”
2) A copy of pickup person’s passport (the person who will pick-up the pets at the Suvarnnabhumi Airport). Please make a note on this document stating that “This is the pickup person.”
– Upon the pet’s arrival, this pickup person must contact the Animal Quarantine Station at Suvarnnabhumi Airport Tel. +66 2 134 0731 for further instructions. If the pickup person cannot pick-up the pets at the airport himself/herself, the letter of authorization appointing a representative will be needed.
3) Proof of vaccination
4) Local address where pets will be shipped from (use a kennel’s address if buying from a kennel).
5) Thailandaddress where pets will be staying.
6) Flight itinerary of pets, including flight number and arrival time. It is strongly recommended that pet’s arrival time in Bangkok shall be during 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. local time Monday-Friday (except Thai holidays) to ensure that an official will be on duty.
7) The Permit issuance process will take at least 3 business days. If you do not receive any response within that time frame, you may call the Animal Quarantine Station at Suvarnnabhumi Airport (Cargo Terminal) to inquire about your Import Permit application status at +66 2 134 0731 during 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. local time Monday-Friday (except Thai holidays).
1. Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2. Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3. As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
***However, a quarantine officer has the discretionary authority to detain in a quarantine station any pets/animals seeking to pass through Thailand.***
4. More information about the Requirements for the Importation of Dogs and Cats into the Kingdom of Thailand. Please see below:
Requirements for the Importation of Dogs and Cats into the Kingdom of Thailand
Animal Quarantine Station at Suvarnnabhumi Airport’s Contact Information:
For those who travel with pets and seek to pass them through Thailand:
Please contact: Animal Quarantine Station (Port of Entry)
Tel+(662) 134-0636 Business Hours: 24 hrs daily
For those who wish to import/export pets to Thailand:
Please contact: Animal Quarantine Station (Cargo Terminal :Free Zone Area ,CE 1 Building )