7 Sep 2019
Non-Immigrant “O” Visa -- Thai Family
1. Passport or travel document with validity no less than 6 months
2. Visa application form completely filled out and signed
3. Recent 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm photograph of the applicant
4. Copy of marriage certificate, passport, and identity card of the applicant’s Thai spouse
5. Copy of birth certificate of the applicant’s Thai child, and passport and identity card of the child
6. Letter from the Applicant’s Thai spouse
7. Bank statement
Documents in languages other than Thai or English have to be translated into either Thai or English and notarized by notary organs or relevant diplomatic/consular missions.
The consular officer reserves the right to require additional documents or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary.
Visa Processing Fee
80 USD, single entry
Validity of Visa
Period of Stay
Travelers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period not exceeding 90 days.
Extension of Stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must apply for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located at Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 or http://www.immigration.go.th. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain types of visas is solely at the discretion of the immigration officer.
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.