วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 7 Sep 2019
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 30 Nov 2022
Non-Immigrant “ED” Visa
Non-Immigrant ED Visa may be granted to applicants who wish to pursue their full-time education, internship, or any other educational programs in Thailand.
1. Passport or travel document with validity no less than 6 months
2. Visa application form completely filled out and signed
3. Recent 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm photograph of the applicant
4. Letter of Acceptance/Confirmation from the school, university, training institution, or company in Thailand which must be typed in the school/company’s letterhead signed by an authorized person and a copy of school license or business registration. Copies of documents must be signed by an authorized person and affixed the seal.5. For those who wish to study at elementary schools, high schools, and vocational institutions in Thailand are required to submit a letter of certificate from related educational authories of the Ministry of Education e.g. Provincial Education Office, Office of the Private Education Commission EXCEPT those who wish to study at international schools.
6. For those who wish to study at university in Thailand are required to submit police/criminal record from hosting country.
7. In case of an internship, a letter from the university in which the applicant is enrolled
8. Dependents of students (under 20 years of age) who have enrolled for a full-time, long-term educational course in Thailand are eligible to apply for a single-entry Non-Immigrant O visa. Required documents are the same as those required for a Non-Immigrant ED visa, plus proof of relationship (such as marriage certificate, birth certificate) and proof of additional 500,000 THB or equivalent deposit in a bank account per person. A civil partnership certificate is not accepted.
Documents in languages other than Thai or English have to be translated into either Thai or English and notarized by notary organs or relevant diplomatic/consular missions.
The consular officer reserves the right to require additional documents or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary.
Visa Processing Fee
80 USD, single entry
Validity of Visa
Period of Stay
Travelers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period not exceeding 90 days.
Holders of this type of visa are entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. They may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for one year from the date of their first entry into Thailand.
Extension of Stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must apply for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located at Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 or http://www.immigration.go.th. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain types of visas is solely at the discretion of the immigration officer.
All Passport holders can apply for a visa with us. However, Passport holders of certain countries will have additional requirements, please see here: https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/additional-documents-required-for-citizens-from-certain-countries
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 08.30–12.00 hrs. and 13.30–16.30 hrs. (Except public holidays)