Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay)
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Applicant must be at least 50 years of age (on the day of application submission).
- Applicant must not be prohibited from entering Thailand as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
- Applicant must have no criminal record in Thailand and in the country of his/her nationality or residence.
- Applicant must have the nationality of or permanent resident status in the country where his/her application is submitted.
- Applicant must not have prohibitive diseases, i.e. Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis), as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535 (1992).
2. Required Documents
- Passport that is valid for at least 18 months and contains at least 1 completely empty visa page
- 3 copies of completed visa application forms
- 3 photos (4 cm x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months
- 3 copies of personal data form or CV
- 3 copies of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht.
- In the case of submitting a bank statement, 3 original copies of a letter of guarantee from the bank are required.
- 3 copies of a letter of verification issued from the country of his/her nationality or permanent residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for no more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).
- 3 copies of medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis, and Third Step of Syphilis), as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 B.E. 2535 (1992) (certificate shall be valid for no more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).
3. Visa Fee
200 USD, multiple entries
4. Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom
- Upon arrival, the holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.
- At the end of the 90-day stay, the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his/her residence area and report again every 90 days during his/her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
- Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
- A report form (Tor Mor 47)
- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp
- A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgment
- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed
Such documents must be sent to the Immigration Division 1, 120 Moo 3, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgment will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
- Foreigner who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of no less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay may be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he/she meets the above requirements.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 08.30–12.00 hrs. and 13.30–16.30 hrs. (Except public holidays)